Monday, January 5, 2009

hold on to yourself

I walked in the rain and the rain hit me with its thundering roar when the raindrops hit my face.

She’s drinking her heart in and throwing it back out on the bathroom floor, she’s Ada in every excessive way.

I look in the streets filled with limitless stomps of feet looking for you but all I found was me stuck in between the traffic lights.

She’s a book you would never read; she’s Ada in all the juvenile ways.

I swam across the lake in the hopes of finding something greater than yesterday...and all I could find was the soul of a dying man. I don’t even know how to swim.

She can hear the sounds through the walls; she’s Ada in all theatrical ways.

I had names missing up in the air through the flying daggers that carved them into the earth.

She’s a story with no words; she’s Ada in all the mistaken ways.

*inspired by The National - Ada*



No comments:

Post a Comment